- 6002 views
- 0 comments
Aloe vera for tattoos is a natural product that has been used for centuries to treat various skin conditions. It is used by many people as a natural alternative to soothe the skin after a tattoo. If you thought that aloe vera was a good choice for healing tattoos, you're right. It can help reduce inflammation, relieve pain and improve skin healing. Can I apply aloe vera to a tattoo, then? While it's an effective natural product, an aloe vera cream for tattoos requires specific use, which is why it's important to talk to a dermatologist or tattoo professional before using any product, and here's how to do it perfectly.
The properties of aloe vera for tattoos
First of all, it is worth mentioning the various qualities of this plant. Aloe vera and tattoos go well together for several reasons. As a plant species known for its healing properties, it is an ideal product to take care of the skin after an ink session.
One of the first to take advantage of the benefits of this plant were the Egyptians, 6000 years ago, as well as the Greeks. Their wisdom has survived to the present day. Applied to the present time, here are some of the reasons why this aloe is good for taking care of tattoos:
- Anti-inflammatory properties: aloe vera contains anti-inflammatory components that help reduce swelling and redness of the skin.
- Moisturizing: it is known for its hydrating and rejuvenating properties, which helps keep the skin moisturized. This in turn prevents dryness and flaking after a tattoo.
- Skin healing: Aloe contains vitamins, minerals and enzymes that help skin healing. The appearance of scars after a tattoo is reduced and improved.
- Protection against UV rays: the sun's harmful UV rays are the nemesis of tattoos. This is especially noticeable when the piece is freshly done. An aloe vera tattoo cream with SPF factor is an ideal protection.
- Pain relief: some people find that it helps relieve pain after a tattoo. The soothing ability of this active compound can help reduce the need for additional medication. Why take medication when aloe vera is good for healing tattoos?
How do I apply aloe vera on my tattoo?
If you are looking for a treatment based on this natural compound, you should seek professional advice. This plant has many advantages, but that does not mean that it can be used carelessly.
It is important to clarify that unwanted side effects usually disappear after a short time. In order to prevent them, apply a little of the product on your healthy skin and observe any reaction. You can also follow the steps below for an optimal benefit:
- Wash your hands: before applying any product to a new tattoo, it is important to wash your hands to prevent infection.
- Make sure the tattoo is healed: before applying aloe vera, it is essential to make sure the tattoo is completely healed. Generally, it is recommended to wait a few days after the session before using any product.
- Clean the tattoo: it is important to clean the area with water and a neutral soap to remove any dirt and bacteria.
- Apply the aloe vera cream for tattoos: Take some aloe vera cream or gel and apply it gently on the tattoo. You will need to massage gently until it is completely absorbed.
- Let it dry: Let the aloe vera dry and absorb completely before putting on clothes or covering it.
- Repeat the process several times a day: It is important to apply several times a day for best results. The best time is after bathing or showering.
It is essential to choose a high quality product and verify that it does not contain allergens, perfume or preservatives that may irritate the skin.
Recommendations and additional information on aloe vera for tattoos
What is it about this plant that makes it so special? What is its secret? There really is no mystery. Its chemical structure is as fascinating as it is beneficial. Here are some of the active compounds that make aloe an indispensable element in skin care.
Acemannan: this component is known for its anti-inflammatory and healing properties. Ideal for helping to reduce swelling and redness after a tattoo.
Vitamin C: Vitamin C is important for skin healing. It can help reduce the appearance of scars after an injury.
Vitamin E: Vitamin E is known for its antioxidant properties and helps protect the skin from the sun's harmful UV rays.
Aloin: Extracted from the leaf in plantations because it is composed of two anthraquinones, one of which becomes toxic if oxidized. From aloin we highlight its stimulant and laxative properties.
Such a useful ingredient is available to you in countless formats. By following professional recommendations and opting for a high quality product, the benefits are almost guaranteed.
What are the best varieties of aloe vera for tattoos? There is aloe vera sunscreen with SPF. This is the most effective barrier against the sun. There is also the bi-phase oil, which combines the power of several oils. Finally, the aloe-based cold gel is a well-known soother and anti-inflammatory. You will find it a great relief for the days following the new tattoo. Once you try it, you won't need anything else.