- 4290 views
- 0 comments
You have probably heard that aloe vera is very beneficial for your skin. But did you know that orally consuming this plant has many benefits, including strengthening your defenses against viruses, bacteria and other pathogens? This is mainly due to the vitamins in aloe vera, although, as you will see, there are other factors involved as well. First, let's see how aloe vera helps your immune system.
Benefits of aloe vera as an immune system booster
Opting for remedies that strengthen your defenses is much better than taking medication when you are already sick. On the one hand, anti-catarrhal drugs act only on the symptoms and often have side effects (which you often do not notice, such as liver damage). Antibiotics, on the other hand, can create a resistance to them and weaken your intestinal bacterial flora.
Therefore, we always encourage you to take care of your health in a natural way with positive measures such as a balanced diet, physical exercise and avoiding stress. Add aloe vera to all this because this plant:
- Contains various vitamins and minerals. As we will see below, when they act in combination, they work as a perfect formula to stimulate your defenses.
- It has powerful antioxidants. They also help prevent the effects of premature aging.
- It contains salicylic acid, which helps reduce swelling and redness.
What type of minerals does aloe vera contain?
Aloe vera contains the following minerals to strengthen your immune system:
- Zinc: Essential for the production of white blood cells, especially for defense against infectious diseases. It also protects your skin and accelerates healing.
- Copper: Involved in the production of immune cells and in the synthesis of flexible connective tissue throughout the body. It is also necessary to maintain the immune response against bacteria and viruses. Lack of copper affects the production of white blood cells. It is also effective in preventing osteoarthritis.
- Calcium: necessary for the production of T-lymphocytes, which lead to immunity. In addition, it is a key player in balancing the immune system, and can even enhance the effect of some vaccines.
Aloe vera also contains amino acids, which support your immune system, and components unique to this plant, such as aloins, oleoresins, saponins and lignin.
Aloe vera as a supplement for the immune system
As you can see, aloe vera is like a multivitamin for your defenses. In case of external infections, such as fungal skin diseases, you can use it in gel, creams or even directly. But how to consume it orally to stimulate your defenses?
First of all, it is best to take aloe vera on an empty stomach to get the most out of it. You can opt for our aloe vera-based supplement, a convenient and delicious way to include this plant in your diet.
Take advantage of all the vitamins in aloe vera and you will see that you will be able to do without the supplements that are usually taken against infections. Prevention is better than having to cure!